Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Prologue

I have something very special that I want to share with you. Love letters. No, not mine. I haven't got any. :)

These letters were written during the year 1955 by my Grandad Beard to my Granny Beard. They were courting/ engaged at the time. My Grandad was a farmer and lived in Arkansas. My Granny had grown up near-by and was the little sister of my Grandad's best friend. She was fondly called "Brat" by my Grandad.

I haven't quite read all of the letters yet, but I have a line from the first one memorized, "I need you like I need my hands!" sigh* How romantic.

I plan on typing them word-for-word on this site. :)
I wish you could see the long, slanted cursive penmanship, but at least you get to read the contents...and my Grandad's hand is sometimes difficult to translate anyway. I shall let you know if I have any doubts in translation...

No comments:

Post a Comment